As we begin the new year, don’t forget 2012 is the year to renew your license with the Georgia Composite Board of Professional Counselors, Social Workers, and Marriage and Family Therapists.
With that in mind, don’t forget, some of the rules have changed. The biggest change is that the required 5 Hours of Professional Ethics cannot be completed online through independent study.
That’s why we are providing a 5 hour continuing education seminar on Ethics. We are currently in the planning stages of this seminar. We are trying to select the best date for the most people. If you need five hours of continuing education, ethics hours for your renewal:
- Please check your calendar, select the date and the “Done” button in the form below.
- Add your email address in the form to the right and we will let you know the details of the seminar.
One last reminder that the clock is ticking… the LPCA of Georgia recommends documenting CE courses by June 30 to prevent expiration of your license while waiting for renewal.
- Early price of $ 139.00 is effective for the first 30 registrants
- Standard price of $ 179.00 starts after the first 30 registrants
- Late/Onsite price of $ 199.00
Hilton Garden Inn
I hope you’ve heard. The rules governing renewing your license have changed. And, the rules are hard to find. The “old” rules still show on the Georgia Composite Board website of the Secretary of State website even though there are the new “amended” rules available on the same site.
There are two major changes in the amended rules:
- “Continuing education hours in professional ethics cannot be obtained through independent study.”
- “If you have not yet obtained any CE Hours for the 2012 renewal before September 30, 2011, … Only 10 CE Hours will be accepted from online (approved) sources.
Of the 35 hours required for your renewal, the required five hours of professional Ethics cannot be obtained online or through independent study. That’s exactly why we are offering our live, 5 hour ethics seminar for counselors near Atlanta.
The second point applies if you waited until now to start working on your CE hours for your renewal. Of the 35 required hours, 25 hours have to be from approved “live” seminars. Check your calendars. You may have a bunch of CE hours to accumulate between now and the recommended 30 June deadline. Check our EVENTS page to see when we may have a seminar you can attend.